Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Extra - Photograms

Hi!
 
   Here is a link about how to make photogram. This video shows every step and gives explanation about how to make a photogram properly. I did the same things as in the video. Enjoy it! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98v-1wIvmRQ
 


Photograms made by other photographers


   I have done some research about two famous photographer. Both photographer were a pioneer artist who achieved that photograms become popular in 1920's. 


* MAN RAY (Philadelphia, USA 1890 - 1976 Paris, France)

   The next image is very impressing because Man Ray didn't use much material, he only used a bulb and sand. He created a very effective image by using sand because if I look at this image it looks like 3D. I can imagine that the dust moving slowly around the bulb. Or when someone stops the world in a movie and every motion is really slow. Sometimes i can see the same thing in my bedroom when the morning sunlight radiates into the room and I can see the flying dust particles in the light strip. So, this image is very dynamic and definitely creates mood. What do you think?




Other Rayograms:






* LASZLO MOHOLY-NAGY (Bácsborsód, Hungary 1895 - 1946 Chicago)

   I think this image is very dynamic and evokes feelings. I imagine two person as they're fighting with each other and there's some tension between each other. The right face looks very angry and also the tones on that side are more darker while the left face looks frightened and the tones are more lighter. I immediately start to think about what happened between the two person and why they're in conflict. What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment